Corona Virus (COVID 19) updates
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 across the UK, we expect everyone will have to make changes to their working and daily lives.
*UPDATE: As from Monday 20th April we will be operating with a skeleton staff as many of the team are now furloughed due to the lockdown. We will endeavour to respond to any enquiries as soon as possible, usually within a working day. If you need to contact a member of staff, call 01600 740600 or email email@example.com. We are also responding on our Facebook and Twitter pages @gwentwildlife
We have also extended closure of our holiday cottage to Friday, 8th May.
*UPDATE: Race for Wildlife 2020 is postponed. Visit this page for further information and details of options for people who have already registered.
*UPDATE: All volunteer monitoring activities have also been cancelled as of (24/3/20). Please stay at home and contact us if you have any queries about your role/activity – 01600 740600 / firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to take precautions to protect our staff, volunteers and supporters, we are following government advice.
From 12 noon on Wednesday 18th March until further notice:
· Public access to our nature reserves will continue as usual until further notice. Please follow the latest government advice if visiting a nature reserve.
· All events will be cancelled until the end of April; including those organised by our local groups. We will review the situation in early April anticipating further cancellations into May and June. We hope that many of these events will be rescheduled and we will do all we are able to keep you informed via our website, emails (if you have signed up) and Social Media. Please check our What’s on pages to keep up to date with when events resume.
· All volunteer activities and worktasks will cease until further notice.If you carry out monitoring on our reserves for us, your staff contact will be in touch, or feel free to get in touch with them directly if you have a question.
· Schools – All bookings will be cancelled until further notice. We are in the process of contacting schools that are due to visit us at Magor Marsh and the Environmental Resource Centre.
· We have closed our offices at Seddon House, Dingestow, Derek Upton Centre in Magor, Environmental Resource Centre in Ebbw Vale and Pentwyn Farm, Penallt until further notice. Staff are working from home and only carrying out essential and emergency works outside.
- Our holiday cottage at Pentwyn is closed until 8th May.
We will update this page as and when the situation changes. If you have any queries, our contact us page has information about how to get in touch.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.