Corona Virus (COVID 19) updates
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and in order to take precautions to protect our staff, volunteers and supporters, we are following government advice. The following changes have been made to our usual activities and access:
Last updated: 5 January 2021
The whole of Wales is now under strict lockdown - Alert Level 4. The following Welsh Government link provides full details of these measures: https://gov.wales/coronavirus
As such, until further notice, GWT’s policy will change in the following ways:
- Staff are working from home where possible
- Volunteer work parties are cancelled
- Engagement events are cancelled
- Delivery of training courses by GWT staff, or external training courses planned on GWT sites are cancelled. If you are planning to attend external training at an external venue then we recommend you contact the training provider to understand their planned approach.
- Essential works, such as practical management, wildlife monitoring and livestock management, completed by staff or individual volunteers (e.g. livestock checking) can continue
- Pentwyn Farm Holiday cottage is closed to guests
Our nature reserves remain open. Public access to our nature reserves will continue as usual until further notice. Please follow the latest government advice if visiting a nature reserve.
If you are unsure about how the current lockdown affects your volunteering or other activities with us, please contact the relevant staff member in advance, or email email@example.com to enquire.
Our offices at Seddon House in Dingestow, Derek Upton Centre at Magor Marsh, the Environmental Resource Centre in Ebbw Vale and Pentwyn Farm in Penallt are all closed. Staff are working from home where possible and continuing essential work outside.
If you need to contact a member of staff and do not have their email address, call 01600 740600 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also responding on our Facebook and Twitter pages @gwentwildlife
We will endeavour to respond to any enquiries as soon as possible, usually within a working day.
We will update this page as and when the situation changes. If you have any queries, our contact us page has information about how to get in touch.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and co-operation.