Corona Virus (COVID 19) updates
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and in order to take precautions to protect our staff, volunteers and supporters, we are following Welsh Government advice. The following Welsh Government link provides full details of these measures: https://gov.wales/coronavirus
As such, until further notice, GWT is taking the following precautions, within guidelines and having carried out Risk Assessments for all activities:
- Staff are working from home where possible, with measures in place for when staff do need to work from one of the offices or sites.
- Volunteer work parties with restricted numbers can take place, at the discretion of the volunteer lead.
- Engagement and training events with restricted numbers can take place outdoors.
- Practical management, wildlife monitoring and livestock management is being completed by staff or individual volunteers
- Pentwyn Farm Holiday cottage is open to guests
Our nature reserves remain open, as they have done throughout the pandemic. Public access to our nature reserves will continue as usual until further notice. Please follow the latest government advice if visiting a nature reserve.
If you are unsure about how the current lockdown affects your volunteering or other activities with us, please contact the relevant staff member in advance, or email email@example.com to enquire.
Our offices at Seddon House in Dingestow, Derek Upton Centre at Magor Marsh, the Environmental Resource Centre in Ebbw Vale and Pentwyn Farm in Penallt are all closed to the public. Staff are working from home where possible.
If you need to contact a member of staff and do not have their email address, call 01600 740600 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also responding on our Facebook and Twitter pages @gwentwildlife
We will endeavour to respond to any enquiries as soon as possible, usually within a working day.
We will update this page as and when the situation changes. If you have any queries, our contact us page has information about how to get in touch.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and co-operation.