Corona Virus (COVID 19) updates
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and in order to take precautions to protect our staff, volunteers and supporters, we are following government advice. The following changes have been made to our usual activities and access:
Last updated: 11th June 2020.
- Our offices at Seddon House in Dingestow, Derek Upton Centre at Magor Marsh, the Environmental Resource Centre in Ebbw Vale and Pentwyn Farm in Penallt are all closed. Staff are working from home where possible and continuing essential work outside.
- Many of the staff team are now on furlough and if so will have an 'out of office' reply on their emails. If you need to contact a member of staff, call 01600 740600 and leave a message or email email@example.com. We are also responding on our Facebook and Twitter pages @gwentwildlife
- We will endeavour to respond to any enquiries as soon as possible, usually within a working day.
- All volunteer activities and worktasks will cease until further notice. If you carry out monitoring on our reserves for us, your staff contact will be in touch, or feel free to get in touch with them directly if you have a question. Thank you for your patience and understanding - we miss you and hope to be working together again before too long!
- Our Pentwyn Farm Holiday Cottage is closed until further notice - we hope to re-open in July but are awaiting Welsh Government advice.
- All our events and courses up to the end of July are cancelled or postponed until further notice. We hope that many of these events will be rescheduled and we will do all we are able to keep you informed via our website, emails (if you have signed up) and Social Media. Please check our What’s on pages to keep up to date with when events resume.
- Our nature reserves remain open. Public access to our nature reserves will continue as usual until further notice. Please follow the latest government advice if visiting a nature reserve.
- Schools – All bookings are cancelled until further notice. We have contacted schools that are due to visit us at Magor Marsh and the Environmental Resource Centre.
We will update this page as and when the situation changes. If you have any queries, our contact us page has information about how to get in touch.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and co-operation.