Corona Virus (COVID 19) updates
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and in order to take precautions to protect our staff, volunteers and supporters, we are following government advice. The following changes have been made to our usual activities and access:
Last updated: 22nd September 2020.
Due to local lockdowns in several areas of South Wales including Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport, Caerphilly and Rhondda Cynon Taf we are now only travelling to carry out essential works in these areas. Volunteer work parties in these areas are on hold until lockdown restrictions are eased.
If you are unsure about whether an activity is going ahead, please contact the relevant staff member in advance, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
Our offices at Seddon House in Dingestow, Derek Upton Centre at Magor Marsh, the Environmental Resource Centre in Ebbw Vale and Pentwyn Farm in Penallt are all closed. Staff are working from home where possible and continuing essential work outside.
- If you need to contact a member of staff and do not have their email address, call 01600 740600 and leave a message or email email@example.com. We are also responding on our Facebook and Twitter pages @gwentwildlife
- We will endeavour to respond to any enquiries as soon as possible, usually within a working day.
- Our Pentwyn Farm Holiday Cottage re-opened in July and is open for bookings from areas where lockdown restrictions permit it.
- Most events and courses up to the end of September are cancelled or postponed until further notice. We hope that many of these events will be rescheduled and we will do all we are able to keep you informed via our website, emails (if you have signed up) and Social Media. Please check our What’s on pages to keep up to date with when events resume.
- Our nature reserves remain open. Public access to our nature reserves will continue as usual until further notice. Please follow the latest government advice if visiting a nature reserve.
- Schools – All bookings are cancelled until further notice. We have contacted schools that are due to visit us at Magor Marsh and the Environmental Resource Centre.
We will update this page as and when the situation changes. If you have any queries, our contact us page has information about how to get in touch.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and co-operation.