Lottery for Wildlife 2019 is open!

Lottery for Wildlife logoLottery for Wildlife logo

What is Lottery for Wildlife (formerly Wildlife Winners) all about? Each entry into GWT's Lottery for Wildlife costs £1 each month. This £1 earns you a place in the Wildlife Winners draw, held at the end of each month. The lucky winner will receive 30% of the income for that month. The remaining 70% goes towards a special project chosen each year to receive extra support!

 

 

 

Lottery for Wildlife 2019 is contributing towards
Gwent Wildlife Trust’s Bridewell Common Appeal.

We want to purchase, manage for wildlife and protect for future generations, Bridewell Common - 81 acres of land on the Gwent Levels, to create a Nature Reserve as part of our existing network, for people to enjoy now and for the future.
Thanks to the generosity of Pat Gorvin, who left us a generous legacy, we have half the funds we need. The other half we need to raise through fundraising activities like Lottery for Wildlife.

Bridewell Common is a cluster of fields within the Magor and Undy Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) that still retain their field system pattern and visible grips from 200 years ago.

The fields contain marshy grassland with a number of indicator plant species such as yellow flag iris and brooklime that make it an important site for conservation. The fields are separated by a series of reens, a significant historical feature unique to the Gwent Levels that offers habitat for insects, birds, mammals and amphibians. Bridewell Common is already home to a wide variety of creatures such as water voles, butterflies, dragonflies and birds like reed bunting.  

 

To Enter

Each ticket costs £1 per month or £12 per year. If you wish to buy more than one ticket, please multiply the costs accordingly. It would be a great help if you could pay by standing order.  You can play online by following the link below. Alternatively, please download and print the Lottery for Wildlife 2019 Entry Form at the bottom of the page, fill in all the relevant bank details and return the form to us at: Gwent Wildlife Trust, Seddon House, Dingestow, Monmouth NP25 4DY. We’ll do the rest! This method gives you complete control over the process and you can cancel the mandate at any time by contacting your bank. (Most banks allow you to do this instantly online.)

If you prefer to pay by cheque, please also download and print the Lottery for Wildlife form, leave the bank details section blank and include a cheque made payable to Gwent Wildlife Trust, for £12 for each annual ticket that you wish to purchase and return it with the form to the address above. We will send you a reminder each year to let you know when your subscription is due.

For more information, please contact Sarah Binmore on 01600 740600 or email Sarah Binmore at info@gwentwildlife.org.

To view previous project beneficiaries please see the downloadable updates at the bottom of this page.

PLAY ONLINE

OR

Download Lottery For Wildlife 2019 Entry Form

Downloads

FilenameFile size
ww_so_mandate_2019.pdf755.3 KB
update_2017_lottery_for_wildlife_-_lapwing_project.pdf1.5 MB
update_2016_lottery_for_wildlife_-_magnificent_marshy_mammals.pdf842.57 KB
update_2015_willdife_winners_-_river_trothy.pdf1.12 MB
update_2014_willdife_winners_-_barn_owls.pdf1.31 MB
update_2013_willdife_winners_-_hedgerows.pdf1.76 MB
update_2012_willdife_winners_-_shrill_carder_bee.pdf1.25 MB
update_2011_willdife_winners_-_wetland_wonders.pdf1.04 MB
update_2010_willdife_winners_-_wildflower_meadows.pdf1.03 MB
update_2009_wildlife_winners_-_dormice.pdf580.95 KB